Sunday, July 15, 2018

Three Stars in the Night Sky













Before I was on the MSBA committee I was a new librarian.  As a teacher I worked in a district that didn't participate in MSBA so when I got to my new school I was thrilled.  My first or second year as a librarian I read Is it Night or Day by Fern Schumer Chapman which was on the list.

This book tells more of Gerda's story and how she got to America and what happened afterward.  It is a beautiful telling and in light of continued immigration issues a timely book.  

It makes me what to read the authors other work of how Edith and Gerda reunited - sadly it is not available on Titlewave but is on Amazon!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review, Julie! If you would like discount copies of my other books for your school, please contact me at fernschumer@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete