Thursday, March 1, 2018

Midnight in the Piazza


















Beatrice is not happy that her dad is taking a job in Rome and moving them there.  But when she gets there and discovers the rich history she is hooked, especially when she witnesses the theft of 4 turtles off the fountain she can see from her window.  What is going on?  Is it tied to other thefts in the city?  Is it tied to the mysterious portrait in the palace and the diary she finds?

I felt this was a decent mystery with good action.  I did feel it wrapped up rather quickly and easily overall but my biggest issue was that the "baddies" couldn't find the turtles when they discovered Beatrice.  She had them with her!!!  Unless I missed something in my reading where she hid them somewhere else??

No comments:

Post a Comment