Thursday, March 29, 2018

Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World

















Ivy's leave is in the midst of upheaval and that's even before the tornado that rips through her town, destroys her house, and leaves her family homeless.  Ivy is also struggling with the new twins who are taking all her mother's time, an older sister who isn't around as much, and weird feelings that she is having that she doesn't understand.  Shortly after the tornado one of Ivy's notebooks disappears.  But then, mysteriously, pictures from the notebook show up in her locker.  She begins writing notes with this "keeper" of her notebook and begins to process her feelings.  During this time she meets June and figures out that she really likes her and that she doesn't like boys.  But does June share her feelings?  Will Ivy be able to figure out who she really is, where she fits in her family?  In the world?

Truly - uncanny similarities to P.S I Miss You.  As in both books it took me a while to warm up to them.  In P.S is was the letters.  In this book I think my reading was just too scattered and "the keeper" thing seemed a bit bizarre and didn't last long enough??  I did like the way this ended though.

Inevitably I am guessing I will have to choose between the two - I can't imagine having 2 books that are so similar on the next MSBA list.  I think overall this edges ahead of P.S for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment