Friday, March 23, 2018

Knockout

















This is a follow up, novel in verse, to Holt's House Arrest.  I knew that when I requested the book from NetGalley but by the time I started reading it I had forgotten.  It didn't really matter.  Yes, it references House Arrest a bit but you don't need to have read that book to enjoy this one.

Knock Out is about Levi.  When he was a baby he had health issues which affected his breathing.  As a result, his mom and brother are very overprotective.  To add to some typical middle grade stress and drama, his best friend Twig has started hanging out with someone else.  Levi wants to make his own mark - encouraged by his dad he starts boxing but will his health get in the way of his life?

This was good and I feel like those who read House Arrest will enjoy finding out more about Levi.

No comments:

Post a Comment