Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Wizards of Once


















Fantasy is not my favorite - there are notable exceptions of course - but I have trouble with the names and settings.  This one I did like though.  It is by the author of How to Train Your Dragon and while I have not read the books I have seen the movies and this book has a very similar feel - quirky characters, madcap adventure, and humor.

Xar is a wizard with no powers.  Wish is a warrior with no real skill.  All their lives they have been taught to fear each other.  But when they meet they find out they have to join forces to save some friends.  In doing so they discover a long lost secret.  Of course, they actually let that secret out and in doing so set the stage for more adventures.

I liked the relationship between the two, the humor, and the adventure.  While the book is the first in the series it did end in a decent spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment