Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City


















This was a decent book about a girl whose brother rescued a runt pig and then brought it home.  Once there the girl Josie was told she had til the New Year to find a new home for the pig.  At first she wanted to convince her parents to keep it but as the pig grew larger she realized that the pig needed to be on a farm.  Then she really had to try and find the pig a home - one that wouldn't involve a butcher.

The story - to me moved slowly.  There was a lot of time spent with Josie and her gymnastics (and then she talked about giving it up at the end).  I felt there were also some teasers that never got fleshed out fully - her dad's boss, some money issues, a crush.  My biggest issue was that there was supposed to be a huge relationship between Josie and Hamlet but it never felt that real to me.  

It could be because I have read so many books in the last week and I am really looking for something that just wows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment