Saturday, December 16, 2017

Daniel Coldstar: The Relic War

















I truly love a good sci fi, space book.  Yep, Star Trek (and kindof Star Wars) nerd right here.  And this did start out well.  Children working as slaves on a mining planet.  Some disappear every so often including the main character Daniel.  But then he is returned, with his memory wiped.  When he gets a chance he escapes the compound and eventually the planet and becomes part of the Truth Seekers.  But there is a lot going on - good vs. evil, relics with great power, and a traitor in their midst.

I think the book had a lot of potential and I think as the series progresses it will probably be quite interesting.  I felt I didn't get to know some of the characters well and it was a lost opportunity - especially the other "kids" on the Truth Seekers - not enough of their friendships developed.  There were also 2 surprises near the end but I didn't feel invested enough in the 2 characters involved for it to really impact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment