Friday, December 29, 2017

Sci-Fi Junior High

















I had 3 "Jimmy" books and I wanted to read them all to see about potential fits for MSBA.  I have to say Laugh Out Loud was probably my favorite of the 3 but this one was also good.  I think my issue with this one is that is the first in a series so there is more to come.

In this book Kelvin has moved to a new space station.  His parents are brilliant scientists and every believes he is a mega genius.  He's not.  Kelvin is trying hard to fit in to a new life and new friends.  But there is a scientist on the station who decides, since he can never beat Kelvin's parents at anything, that he will be an evil scientist.

So...  I felt that the fast pace kept me from fully understanding the main issue if that makes sense.  Maybe things will become clearer as the series progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment