Sunday, December 10, 2017

Grace Hopper: Queen of Computer Code

















For anyone who actually reads this blog you may notice that there have been more nonfiction books than usual.  In addition, many are shorter.  No, this is not to ensure that I reach my goal on Goodreads (although it will help) or so I can rack up my reviews for Maine Student Book Award (not even counting many of these).  Many of these books are actually nominated for Cybils.  While I will be a finalist judge I am trying to read quite a few of the books now.

So onto this one.  I am noticing a trend of shorter biographies and quite a few featuring women.  Great!!  For me I don't really see an audience for these types of books at my school but maybe I need to be promoting them more somehow.

Grace Hopper is fascinating.  A woman who broke barriers and solved problems.  She is an inspiration to all girls who dream to doing things outside the "norm".  

No comments:

Post a Comment