Sunday, March 8, 2015

Shadow Scale

Image result for shadow scale 

I read Seraphina a few years ago and loved it so when I saw this show up on NetGalley I had to request it.  No, it won't make it on MSBA and no it won't end up in my library but I had to read it.  I was a bit daunted by the 608 pages but still...

While I loved Seraphina I had a harder time with Shadow Scale.  Some of may have had to do with the length.  I am also not a huge fan of high fantasy and the names and places get a bit tricky for me.  I did love the intrigue and the villain was actually perfect because even though she was awful you still felt some sympathy which made it harder to completely dislike her and for Seraphina to do what she should.  I felt the romance twist at the end was a bit forced but all in all it was a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment