Sunday, March 29, 2015

Edward Scissorhands: Parts Unknown

Image result for edward scissorhands parts unknown

First up today...an Edward Scissorhands graphic novel.  I just noticed that NetGalley has a separate graphic novel category and in my attempt to incorporate more graphic novels and be in touch with what my students are reading  I requested a few.  I think I should have looked them up on Amazon or Titlewave first because I am thinking most are not appropriate for my grade level.

I loved the movie Edward Scissorhands.  Love Johnny Depp.  So I thought this might be interesting.  While I was able to understand the story to some extent because of my background knowledge I feel this would not be accessible without it.  I appreciated the plot but again it is because I already know the movie.  

I do try to read graphic novels but I know I don't spend enough time on the visual aspects.  I am supportive of my students reading them but they are not my favorite and this wouldn't work for my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment