Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bittersweet

Image result for bittersweet kimberly loth 

This is another book that baffles me.  First the cover....why does it show Savannah with long hair when she shaves her head at the beginning and by the end it is just growing back?  And the blurb about the book is so misleading....she does not go to the amusement park to find answers.  She is sent there because of her anger and her family feels that a change is needed.  

NetGalley and YA can be tricky.  At times a YA book will be okay for my audience and for the Maine Student Book Award and based on the blurb I thought I would give the book a try.  Um no...swearing, sex, and more - definitely not going to work for my purposes.

But here's the problem...aside from the cover and the misleading blurb I actually did like the book.  And...I think for a mature high school student this could be a good book...There is a good message and Savannah does learn things about herself and makes some changes but....

No comments:

Post a Comment