Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Zombie Elementary

 

So, zombies are quite popular right now.  I have a shelf dedicated to zombie books in the library.  But does this one fit the bill?  In this story Larry Mullet becomes a hero as he fights off the zombie hordes that have been infected by cafeteria food.  

I can't help but compare this to Zombie Baseball Beatdown which is on the Mane Student Book Award list this year.  Zombie Elementary has much of the same tone and some of the same ideas.  I think overall Zombie Elementary is more gory - more heads being taken off, etc but Zombie Baseball Beatdown had more of a plot and mystery surrounding the cause of the infestation.  My kids will eat it up :) but I am not sure if others on the MSBA committee will like it enough for it to get nominated.  I thought it was kind of fun but did cringe a few times ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment