Friday, October 17, 2014

Nuts to You

 

Confession - I have never read Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins so I can't compare Nuts to You to her Newbery award winning book.  I have seen other blogs and commentary about this book - potential Newbery buzz, etc.  Seems weird to be talking Newbery about another squirrel book but there you go.

The book starts with a squirrel sharing a peanut butter sandwich with a lady.  The squirrel then proceeds to tell the lady a story.  The story centers around 4 squirrels who have a fantastic adventure and save their friends and family from a traumatic event.  The book is cute, quirky, and well-written.  I enjoyed it.  To me it was better than The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp and even Flora and Ulysses.  Is it the best this year - probably not - but that's just my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment