Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dork in Disguise

 

I was a little put off when I realized that this was just a new edition of a book released in 1999.  When I get something on NetGalley I assume it is a totally new release.  Most of the reason I review is for Maine Student Book Award.

That being said, the book wasn't bad.  Jerry is new to town and wants to have a fresh start and lose the dork status he has always had.  With the help of Brenda - a dork, Jerry learns to strut, how to rip his jeans, and how to talk to Cinnamon.  A lot of the plot is typical and not surprising.  I wish Jerry had suffered a bit more as a result of the lies he told but that's just me.

What I don't get is the cover....???

Just looked up the book on Destiny for my library and we already have it...OY.



No comments:

Post a Comment