Sunday, December 15, 2013

Spy Camp and Nine Days



 

This book is a companion to Spy School which I have not read.  Ben has been attending Spy School and had a run in with Spyder.  In this book he attends Spy Camp but Spyder is still after him.  They threaten that if he doesn't join their side they will kill him.  But why him?  With the help of his friend Erica, her father Alexander Hale, and his classmates he must figure out what Spyder is up to before it's too late.

Although I have not read Spy School I was able to catch on very quickly to what was going on.  I enjoyed the book - humor, action, intrigue.  

 

This book is based on an actual account.  Ti-Anna's father has fought for years for democracy in China.  As a result he has been imprisoned several times and was forced to leave the country.  Ti-Anna befriends Ethan and  confides in him when her father disappears after traveling to Hong Kong.  Together Ti-Anna and Ethan travel to Hong Kong in search of him.  Along the way they encounter spies, kidnappers, and all around dangerous people.  Can they find Ti-Anna's father?  Will they get out alive?  

This had a lot of action and I really enjoyed it.  There were some topics that made it out of range for my school but I would recommend it for jr. high or high school.

Both were read-its...


No comments:

Post a Comment