Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rooftoppers and Bo at Ballard Creek



Sophie was rescued at sea and was taken in by a bachelor named Charlie.  She has also believed her mother was still alive and would come for her and when child services threatens to take her away from Charlie they run away to Paris to look for Sophie's mother.  When they get there Sophie meets the rooftoppers who help her in her search.

This was an interesting book.  The cover is so dark I am not sure how appealing it will be to kids.  I liked how it ended although it seemed to leave the reader hanging.
  

  

Bo was a cute character and her adventures in Alaska in a gold mining town were fun.  Some parts of the story seemed rushed...like when she had pneumonia.  Other parts seemed disjointed to me.  The characters were quirky but it didn't feel like there was anything that really held the whole story together.

I enjoyed both...not my favorites but good...


No comments:

Post a Comment