Friday, November 1, 2013

Three for Friday

  













I have never read a Big Nate book.  They are very popular at school, especially when all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are out.  It was a cute story, nothing I would give a big award to, but cute.
 

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit.  It was an interesting glimpse into the life of a slave who was also a potter.  It is based on the life of Dave Drake.  It was written in poetry and captured some of Dave's own words.  While I liked it I am not sure of its appeal.  Only one person has checked it out before me and that was over 6 months ago.



This is another one of those cute reads.  Nothing fabulous.  I actually thought the plot was not that exciting.  There was a bit of a mystery but not a lot of meat to it.  We'll see how it circulates before I venture more into the series.

Overall, Etched in Clay was the best but not sure I can get kids to read it outside of assigning it.  Kids will read Big Nate.  Not sure about Seagulls...

No comments:

Post a Comment