Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Couldn't Be More Different

  

This book has been getting some buzz and is a Cybils nominee so I decided to give it a go.  To be up front...I have never read One Crazy Summer.  After reading this book I wish I had and maybe I will at some point.  I did enjoy the story of the three girls and the time period is one that doesn't get used much in children's lit.  Because I hadn't read the first book I felt that I didn't truly understand Cecile or even the youngest daughter.  I missed some of their experiences.  I felt that some things were missing.  Delphine got a Valentine card but the reader is left hanging about what it said.  There are other unresolved issues as well.  I wasn't sure why Big Ma left, what happens with their Uncle, and I felt their dad's new relationship was odd - unsettled.  I liked the book well enough but it wasn't a huge love for me.

  

I don't even know what to say about this.  It didn't do anything at all for me.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment