Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Losing It by Erin Fry

 

This book has been nominated for the Cybils.  I kind of resisted reading it because as a member of Maine Student Book Award I have to focus on 2013 titles and this is 2012.  I was encouraged by other committee members to read beyond the 50 page minimum so I did.

I did enjoy the book.  Bennett's father suffers a stroke which is due in part to an unhealthy lifestyle and being overweight.  Bennett goes to live with his aunt while his father recovers.  While there he decides to turn his own life around by losing weight and getting more active.  This includes joining the cross country team.

I did like the book and am surprised I hadn't heard about it before.  It had a good message and some good character development.

Readit...

No comments:

Post a Comment