Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Dam Keeper















I am sorry but this did not work for me at all.  It was quite strange but I could have gotten past that.  It is the story of pig, whose father created a windmill that protects the town from a deadly fog.  His father, however, has disappeared and now pig is left in charge of the windmill.  Pig is often bullied, mostly by hippo so it is an interesting dynamic when pig, his best friend Fox, and Hippo end up having to work together to keep the fog from overrunning the town.  My biggest issue with the book was that it barely got started and it was over...  and now we wait for the next book.  No thank you.  When a book ends that abruptly I rarely buy it for the library.  If it really becomes popular I will wait until a few more in the series come out.  I didn't know this was based on a short movie until I looked the book up on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment