Friday, March 17, 2017

Short


















Julia is short for her age and does not like to be reminded about it.  She is irritated that her mother is making her try out for a summer play in the Wizard of Oz as a munchkin.  Typecast much?  But as the summer progresses she learns a lot about the theater, stereotypes, friendships, and herself.  In the end she comes to terms with her height and ends up loving the theater.

I listened to this on audio.  I loved Julia's voice although I must admit that by the end of the recording I was getting a bit "over it".  Not sure if I would have had the same reaction to the physical book.  I also felted it lagged a bit in the middle but that may also be because my listening was interrupted several times.  Overall an enjoyable book.

No comments:

Post a Comment