Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Silver in the Blood

Image result for silver in the blood 

Dacia and Lou have been raised in New York in good families.  But then, all of a sudden they are whisked away to meet their mothers' family in Romania.  Things start to get ominous when warnings come from close relatives and strangers ask them questions about Wing, Claw, and Smoke.  Then they meet their grandmother - and she is a terror who is threatening to overthrow a king.  Just who are their relatives and are the two girls destined to become part of the family's legacy?

I love when there is a new spin on an old tale and I really enjoyed this.  I loved the character development of Lou especially and how Dacia, although hesitant at first, embraced her new role.  While it is too old for my students I will recommend it to older students that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment