Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fish in a Tree

Image result for fish in a tree 

Okay, I have had this book for months and just now got to it.  Sorry...I am such a hoarder on NetGalley that I read a lot on there to keep ahead of archive dates.  But I am so glad I finally read it.   

Ally is used to failing, getting teased, feeling dumb but she doesn't know what to do about it.  She gets in trouble to avoid the truth and no one seems to know - even her teacher.  But, when a new teacher comes in - he realizes what is up and helps Ally not only with her reading but with the realization that being different is okay.  I was a big fan of One for the Murphys and loved this as well.  While working in education I like to think that a student wouldn't get to 6th grade without help, I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility.  This reminded me a lot of Thank you, Mr. Falker.

No comments:

Post a Comment