Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Second Guard

Image result for second guard 

I so wanted to like this better than I did.  I liked the idea of it.  At fifteen all second born children must become part of The Second Guard which protects their queen and their borders.  This requirement lasts for 4 years.  If they can not make it in the Second Guard they work as indentured servants for 6 years.

Talimendra has waited for the day she turns fifteen and is excited to enter the training.  But there are prejudices to face, tough training, and mysterious actions that point to a possible traitor.

I liked the interaction between characters and the concept.  I did guess at one of the plot twists.  The "traitor" reveal though was rushed and I didn't feel there was enough lead in evidence.  The book also seemed to spend a lot of time on the training and interaction of characters and not as much time on the mystery aspect.  


No comments:

Post a Comment