Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sisterhood of the Spectrum

Image result for sisterhood of the spectrum 

I requested this book from NetGalley primarily because of the social workers in my school who work with students on the Spectrum.  I thought the book sounded interesting and was curious if I should buy it for the library or recommend it for them to use.  My thoughts are primarily that it is too mature for my particular age group - grades 1 - 5 although the 5th grade girls are probably starting to be curious - and that overall the book is better suited to the jr. high and high school.  I also found that much of the information was valuable for all girls - not just those on the Spectrum.  I found the writing style to be a bit difficult for me to read - too wordy in some cases.  Overall I found the book to be interesting and as i have said I would likely recommend it to the jr. high and high school librarians and/or social workers/counselors.

No comments:

Post a Comment