Friday, April 17, 2015

The Friendship Riddle

Image result for friendship riddle 

This is a hard blog to write because I wanted to like this so much more than I did.  Local author, local connection, library love, book love but it fell flat for me..

Some of my issues...

The relationship between Ruth and Charlotte...not enough background maybe...

The moms and dads - not fully realized at all, especially as "mum" didn't even show up until the end of the book.  

The group of kids didn't really get together until the last 1/4 of the book - very loose until then and Ruth was mainly working out the clues on her own.  I get that she needed to learn about friendship and rely on others but I didn't really feel the bond grow or really get to know the characters.

The riddles were interesting but I felt some were more developed than others and I was able to follow the hunt better in some instances and totally missed the flow in others.

I did like the connection to Ruth favorite author and the riddles but again didn't feel as connected or satisfied with it.

I did like the ending and I thought the idea was good - I am just not sure my students will stick with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment