Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rain Reign

 

I really liked this one.  Rose Howard is a girl with high functioning autism who is obsessed with homophones, prime numbers, and rules.  Sometimes these things cause tension at home and at school.  Fortunately, she has her dog Rain (Reign) and her uncle who both understand her.  When a hurricane hits her town and Rain is lost Rose struggles to find her dog only to discover that Rain was never really hers.  Can she find the courage to do the right thing?  

There was a lot to love here.  The relationship of Rose and Rain and Rose and her uncle.  Rose's blossoming friendships and her own self awareness.  She was quirky but I know I have students who could relate.  This was a winner for me.

I got away from doing my frogs and ribbets....This book gets a ribbet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment