Saturday, September 6, 2014

Tut: The Story of my Immortal Life

 

First week back at school was brutal - the heat was bad and I was just exhausted.  I feel like it took forever to read this book.  I know I have said before that I don't really like reading eBooks.  Although there is usually a percentage bar at the bottom I still feel like I am not making progress...just endless swiping.  Anyway...turns out the book was 320 pages so no wonder it took me so long.

What I liked - This was a really interesting twist.  Tut didn't die.  He confronted his uncle who had killed all of Tut's family and while they were fighting a curse was placed on them and they both became immortal.  Flash forward to the present day.  Tut lives with Horus in the guise of a cat and Gil (Gilgamesh) - also immortal - is his "older brother".  Tut is in eighth grade and would still love to get revenge on his uncle.  Enter Set and a knife can kill immortals.  There is a lot of good stuff here - action, twists, slight romance, friendship, and some strings left dangling for a future book.

What I didn't like - The length, again.  I do think that some of my students who like Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles would like this but it is long for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment