Saturday, September 6, 2014

Little Author in the Big Woods

 

Okay so I was Laura growing up.  I loved Little House on the Prairie.  I got mad when the TV show deviated (but watched it anyway).  I played in a little log cabin on the playground at recess.  I loved the books and read them multiple times (even Farmer Boy).  I was pretty excited about reading this new biography.

What I liked - the illustrations were so nice, very reminiscent of Garth Williams'.  There was some good information and for a young reader just getting into Laura's real life this would work.

What I didn't like - As a die hard fan this lacked substance.  I didn't need any back matter as to where the author did her research (I did read a netgalley version??).  While I appreciate books about Laura this didn't seem unique to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment