Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Final Push

I really tried to get as many books read as possible for MSBA.  I am in the middle of one last but here are the 3 I finished in the last 2 days.

  

This book was really good.  In fact, my daughter read it while I was reading another book and she liked it as well.  I wish it had talked more about how Paul was reunited with his rescuers.  The reader gets the idea of it but I don't think that part of the book is done as well as the Holocaust part.  But I really thought the book was good.

  

Sara and her dad are still struggling over the death of Sara's mom in a terrible accident.  Sara would love to have a cat to comfort her but her dad always says no.  Then a cat scoots into their house and Sara plots a way to keep the kitten.  At the same time she is working on a class project and trying to piece together some mysteries about the past.  The book is a poetic narrative and was done well.

  

Oh yes, Zombies.  This was a great book and sure to be a hit with my boys especially.  Rabi and his friends uncover some shady doings at the local meat plant that are turning the cows and their handlers into zombies.  Can they find proof before things get out of hand.  Hilarious - mooing cow head in the grille of the truck - oh yes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment