Thursday, January 16, 2014

Taking a Break

I have mentioned before that I am on the Maine Student Book Award committee.  For much of this year I have been reading 2013 titles.  Last Saturday the committee met to narrow down all the titles that had been reviewed into a shortlist.  The shortlist has 118 titles I believe.  Our job now is to get that down to a list of about 40 books which will be our nominees for next year's voting.  Because many people who read this know I am on the committee I feel that any reviews I put on here in the next month or so will obviously scream "shortlist" and I don't want to let any cats out of the bag.  If I do any reading that is outside the realm of MSBA or start any 2014 I will do some entries.  I will also try to catch up after the nominees are released.  

Now off to my pile....

No comments:

Post a Comment