Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy

 

Okay, I lied.  I got carried away on Netgalley the other day and got a whole bunch of new 2014 books.  So this isn't shortlisted for 2013 MSBA - it's just a new one I'm reading, maybe for next year's MSBA?

Ophelia has recently lost her mother, her sister is despondent and her dad won't talk about it.  They travel to a city where it always snows where his dad is preparing an exhibit of swords for a museum.  During her wanderings she comes across a boy locked in a room.  This boy - this marvelous boy - tells her a strange story of wizards, magical swords, and a snow queen.  Can Ophelia find the courage to find the keys, rescue the boy, and maybe save the world?

I really enjoyed this.  I worked for many hours today on a final project for my Masters degree and I needed a break.  The book wasn't too long - thank you and it moved along well.  

Readit :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment