Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Crunch Time

Heck...all books for MSBA need to be read by Weds. night.  I keep checking my pile to see if anyone has read them and looking for the most promising.  Argh...doing my best and I've read probably 150 books...

So today we have...

  

This was a quick read.  Since I know my students still love Diary of a Wimpy Kid and this is a notebook format I thought I'd give it a good.  Meh...the kids will probably like it but it's not my favorite.

 

I wanted to like this more than I did.  The story was interesting especially because the culture is different but as far as my kids picking this up and reading it....I see the value in having books about different cultures in the library and this was done well but it is really hard to get my students to read them.

  

Of the 3 this was my favorite.  After doing a favor for her dad when she is home with Mono Lindy finds herself addicted to playing the stock market.  But when she takes things too far and uses and loses some of her parent's money she unknowingly participates in some illegal insider trading and short selling.  Oops.  This isn't a topic that is handled often in children's lit so it was intriguing....

No comments:

Post a Comment