Friday, August 17, 2018

Some Nonfiction Reading

In the last two days I have received many books to review for MSBA.  In the boxes were several short nonfiction titles so I am doing a bulk read and review...











Sacrilege I know but I am not a big fan of Lewis Carroll.  This book was interesting - especially the use of his made up words in the book and then defined and indexed to show which of his books the word came from.  











Nice introduction to the Children's March - gorgeous illustrations.











Another Titanic book.  Good for collections with younger students but nothing new here.











My students love haunted and scary stories.  This one disappointed me though.  The narrative seemed disjointed and there just wasn't enough detail to make it frightening.











Who knew?  Interesting information and accessible text.











This book was all about the efforts to reintroduce pandas into the wild.  Gorgeous photographs - and who doesn't want to see humans dressed as pandas hanging out with baby pandas.

No comments:

Post a Comment