Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Dactyl Hill Squad


















It's 1863 and Magdalys lives in an orphanage for children of color.  But there is a group of people kidnapping any people of color and sending them south as slaves.  This committee will stop at nothing - fire, riots, even killing those who stand in their way.  Can Magdalys and her friends find out who is involved and stop them - with their dinosaurs?  Yeah - that's right we have dinosaurs that the children ride.

At first I thought the idea was clever and fun but as I kept going through the book the mash up didn't work for me.  To be fair, fantasy is usually not my favorite but I do like a good historical fiction.  Maybe I would have liked the book better without the dinosaurs - but they were needed to move the plot along with the flying and spying.  Not my favorite but I have a feeling some students will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment