Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Snared: Escape From the Above


















Wily Snare has always lived underground.  He is a trapsmith - he designs traps to protect his "father's" (more like master's) hoard of treasure.  One day a band of thieves (an elf, a warrior with a magic arm, and a golem made of moss) arrive and manage to get through Wily's traps and decide that they want Wily to join them and help them defeat other traps in search of even more treasure.

But when Wily gets above he finds that not only has he been lied to his whole life but that a great adventure awaits.

I really enjoyed the set up of the book and when Wily first came above.  I can appreciate the quest and I did like the way the book ended.  Because I am not overly fond of fantasy I felt it dragged a bit but I think those who really enjoy fantasy will like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment