Saturday, January 13, 2018

Suee and the Shadow

















Maine Student Book Award shortlist meeting is one week away.  There were a few books that I had heard some buzz about or that had sounded interesting but no libraries in my area had them yet.  So I bought them... this is the first.

Suee is new to the school and has trouble fighting in.  She is often annoyed and angry.  One day she wanders into an Exhibition Room and accidentally breaks a vase.  When she wakes up she is in the nurse's office and things have changed.

All of a sudden Suee's shadow is talking to her and weird things are happening all over the school.  The weirdest is the "zeroes" - kids who have been bullied, teased and now seem zombie like.  How is this happening and how can it be stopped?

I am not a big graphic novel fan and I was a bit skeptical about this as I started but then it became more intriguing and deliciously creepy which kids will love.  It appears we haven't seen the last of Suee's shadow either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment