Monday, January 1, 2018

Genevieve's War


















This was an accessible book about World War II and had a unique perspective.  An orphaned girl, Genevieve, had been staying with her grandmother right before the war started.  Instead of going home to live with an aunt like she was supposed to, she chose to stay in France to help her grandmother.  She then got caught up in the Resistance movement in the area.

What I liked was that it was a different perspective and it was a fairly quick read. For my younger students who are intrigued by WWII this is a gentler introduction.

I did find some of the character development a bit sparse - I wish there had been a bit more.  I also didn't like the big time jump near the end.   But this was a solid, enjoyable read overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment