Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Incredible Magic of Being

















So first off, I loved the heart of this book.  Julian as a character was quirky and lovable.  The family dynamics were believable but hopeful.  I loved Julian's ability to sense things and his ability to help others.  I will definitely want to purchase for the library but...

I did have a few issues...
First, I can't believe that a contractor, carpenter would have been able to build the addition to the house without a building permit which should have found the easement problem prior to it being built.

Second, Julian talks a lot about seeing Orion, the Orion Nebula and Sirius during the summer but they are winter constellations and not visible in the summer.   

Kids won't pick up on those things (and many adults as well) but since I am fascinated by Orion (and it's my daughters middle name) and since I live on a lake in Maine those 2 things stood out to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment