Friday, November 10, 2017

Mustaches for Maddie


















Love, love, love!!!

I didn't know much about this book going into it so honestly the title and cover made me think it would just be a silly, middle grade fiction.  WRONG!  While there are some typical bully, friend issues this book is so much more.

Maddie is struggling with typical middle grade issues but nothing compares to the monster she has to fight. There is a tumor in her brain that is causing her to lose mobility on her left side and is impacting her vision.  This leads to a major surgery and helps her find out who her true friends are.

In reading it you quickly realize that more is going to happen after the initial surgery because there is quite a bit left of the book.  To me that is where things got more powerful.  And the ending...  it was a great place to end the book - but I will I liked having the author's note and I think readers will like that aspect as well.  

To me this ranks up there with Wonder for middle grade readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment