Sunday, November 26, 2017

Amazon Adventure














This is another book in the Scientists in the Field series which I find very interesting.  I like how real scientists and real problems of the world are highlighted.  I hope this series is encouraging young scientists.

I did like this book - the Amazon is fascinating and beautiful.  As someone who lives close to Boston and has been to the Aquarium I also had a connection to the book.

Now... what I didn't like.  I found the title to be a bit misleading.  I don't think the case was made that these tiny fish "are saving the world's largest rainforest".  I think it could have been said that they could save the rainforest if they themselves can be handled correctly and regain their popularity among fish enthusiasts.

This will go in my library with the other books in the series.  The photographs are beautiful and the idea behind it is worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment