Saturday, November 25, 2017

Polaris


















Ooh, I liked this!!!  When I take the time to describe a book to my husband and daughter then you know it was good.  I read so many books and quite honestly some are duds but I am so afraid of the Maine Student Book Award missing some hidden jewel that I really try to find things that others may have missed.  And no one else has read this yet....

The Polaris is on a scientific expedition to South America in the late 1800s.  An expedition has gone ashore - captain, first mate, botanist, and some others.  But only half come back - the botanist and first mate are gone and one of the crew is really sick.  What happened?  Then a few days later the ships boys are told there is a meeting and they are locked into a room during that meeting.  But it turns into a mutiny.  But why do the mutineers then abandon ship and try to blow it up.

The kids have no idea but manage to escape and prevent the ship from blowing up.  Now all they have to do it get back to land.  But it is the creature in the hold that is their biggest worry...

I love the historical, sci fi, zombie feel to this.  So thrilling!  Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment