Friday, June 26, 2015

The Emperor of Any Place

Image result for emperor anyplace 

Wow, this book was something.  In a way it reminded me of Kensuke's Kingdom but then again not so much.  This book alternates between events that happen now - the death of Evan's father, the arrival of his grandfather Griff, and a mysterious book.  The book tells the story of a Japaneses soldier stranded on an island, an American soldier also stranded on the island, and Evan's grandfather Griff.  What really happened on the island that Griff doesn't want people to find out about?

With a mix of ghosts, zombies, war, and regret this was a really powerful book.  I thoroughly enjoyed it except for the f-bombs.  Because of the searing I will not have this in my library and I don't feel I can recommend it for MSBA but I would recommend it to young adult readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment