Sunday, June 7, 2015

Half a Man

Image result for half a man morpurgo 

I love Michael Morpurgo's work.  Kensuke's Kingdom is one of my favorite books ever.  I also love his shorter work because he gets it.  You don't need 300+ pages to create a powerful book.  

This book was beautiful in it's simplicity.  In the book Michael's grandfather has suffered life altering injuries after his ship was torpedoed in World War II.  Michael has always been told not to stare and as a child finds it hard to get to know his grandfather.  Over time however they build a trusting relationship and Michael learns the truth about his grandfather and why he feels he is half a man.

I am curious about the publication of the this book.  The book itself shows an initial publication of 2006 but I am guessing that is in the UK.  The book also has 2014 but Amazon and titlewave say 2015.  Mainly curious for MSBA.  I loved the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment