Thursday, April 18, 2013

What I Love...

I love to read.  I always have.  As a teacher I filled my classroom with books.  Now, as a librarian, I have the joy of placing books in the hands of students.  I love to recommend books, I love reading with a group of students, and I love when students share what they are reading with me.

I enjoy reading all types of books but my favorite are ones written for grades 5 and up.  I am one of those adults who enjoys young adult fiction.  I love a good dystopian book or something that messes with my head a bit.  I am currently on the Maine Student Book Award Committee so the books I am reading for that will find their way on here.  I'll limit my posts on here to books for children.  If you want to see what else I am reading you could check out goodreads.com/LibrarianinaCandyShop

I live on a pond.  It is a beautiful, tranquil place.  It is the perfect spot for reading.  I love frogs.  I'm not even really sure why.  The picture on my background captures the pond and the frog that was climbing up our window one day. 

This blog will be for my book musings.  In the spirit of my frog love I plan on rating books as either croakers (not good) or ribbits (good).  Other than that I'll say what's on my mind and maybe give some ideas of how to use the book.  I could turn on the "eloquent essay speak" and talk about intricate plot points, the author's style, and how everything ties in to the Common Core if I wanted to but I'd rather keep it simple and easy like the pond and like the frogs who are just chilling.  No stress, no trying to impress anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment