Thursday, April 18, 2013

Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool

Loved this book!!!  I loved that it was set in Maine and done well.  I've read some "Maine" or "New England" books recently that just didn't cut it for me.  This was great.  There was a lot of depth to both Jack and Early.  Jack learned so much about himself, his father, loss, friendship, and persistence.  And Early...I loved his fascination with pi, his unwavering belief in his brother and himself.  Clare Vanderpool did a great job of getting in Early's head and "getting" him as a character.  The story came together brilliantly and even had a few surprises.  Of course I thought the librarian was great!!!  This gets a ribbit for sure...maybe a whole chorus of them...think spring peepers going crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment