Saturday, August 30, 2014

Always Abigail

 

This book is written by the same author as This Journal Belongs to Ratchet and I think I actually like this one better.  It has been awhile since I read the other book but I remember thinking the cover was wrong for it.  I know...don't judge a book by its cover...but I do and you do too, be honest :)  

Anyway...the format of this book is a lot of lists.  That makes it an easy read for my 4th and 5th graders.  It was not as enjoyable on the iPad but I am sure it is much better in print.

Abigail and her two friends, Alli and Cami have dreamed of being on the pom pom squad in 6th grade forever.  But, when Abigail only makes alternate and her friends are on the team things start falling apart.  Not only are they not on the team together but they also don't have classes together.  Then Abigail is stuck on a year long assignment with Gabby, the biggest loser in 6th grade.  Abigail struggles with friendships, growing up, potential boyfriends, and so on.

So, to me there are a lot of typical middle school problems.  As someone who reads a lot of middle school fiction it gets old.  But, the students eat it up and the format of the book is great.  I think my students will like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment