Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Unicorn Thief



This was the first time I was approached to review a book.  I was honored and a bit surprised.  I should have done my homework though.  I did not realize that The Unicorn Thief is a sequel to Wonder Light.  If I had known that I may have declined.  It is really hard to review a sequel when you haven't read the first one and I just don't have time to do that.

It took me awhile to get into the book because I lacked the background knowledge from the earlier book.  I would say I was a good third of the way through the book before I really got into it and started figuring it out.

The premise was good.  Ben works as a unicorn herder with the help of Twig.  But then a unicorn thief strikes and steals Ben's unicorn.  The evidence points to someone in Terracornus, the land of unicorns.  Once they get to Terracornus the action picks up and there is some good surprises.  

In the end I liked the book and for my kids who enjoy unicorn stories I would probably recommend this book...after they have read the first one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment