Monday, May 26, 2014

Cartboy Goes to Camp

 

I didn't realize this book was a sequel when I requested it on NetGalley.  It wasn't really obvious except that when he was asked about being called Cartboy he said it was a long story and I wondered if there had been a book before...it really didn't affect the reading of the book.

In this book Hal, Cartboy, is sent off to camp for 2 weeks by his history loving father.  The camp is at Jamestown when the campers live and learn about the way off life in Jamestown in 1607.  Unfortunately the school bully also ends up at camp.  Hal is terrible at all the skills but does become involved in a hunt for a missing treasure.

This book was weird to me...a lot of time spent on the treasure but it wraps up too quickly and neatly.  Each chapter title is to some unknown alien reader - maybe I would have gotten that more if I had read the other one?  Parts of it were cute but overall it didn't really work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment